Let’s start with
- It’s a hard game. Even the pro struggle at times and they have years of practice.
- Expense – Yes, other activities are just as expensive but if you are new to the game and uncertain about your passion for the game, is it worth it?
- You don’t know anyone who plays the game. (Believe me once you start people come out of the woodwork.)
- No collared shirt – Now, this may sound strange, but if you are not into polo or golf shirts this can be a challenge.
- Never exposed to the game – some have mentioned that played it in school. I didn’t. Most people have only seen what on television and have never stepped on a course.
- Not athletic – I didn’t play sports or excel at physical games. Why would I even think about playing golf?
- Fear of doing poorly or making a fool of oneself.
- Intimated by other golfers
- Ignored by the staff of a golf store. (I put this in here because this has happened to me when I went to a golf store to try out some clubs in their simulators.)
- The time it takes to play a round of golf.
- Believe it’s only a man’s game.
- Takes too much practice to be good.
Can you think of any more?
Please leave a comment and share them with me,